Wiesbaden, May 17, 2019. Get on the bike and take the dog with you: according to road traffic regulations, this is allowed in principle – the dog does not even have to be on a leash. But if the animal endangers other road users, the owner must expect a Verwarngeld. In addition, he is liable for damage, says the R + V Infocenter.
No linen requirement
On Germany's roads and roads more and more cyclists are traveling, even with a dog. By contrast, according to road traffic regulations is nothing to object. "Dogs can run with and without a leash next to the bike," says Ferenc Fldhazi, liability expert at R + V Versicherung. In both cases, however, the cyclist has to control the behavior of the animal at all times. "Otherwise dangerous situations arise quickly, in which animal or owner can seriously injure," explains R + V expert Fldhazi. If other road users are damaged, the dog owner must bear the costs – he is liable for damage caused by his four-legged friends. "This takes over the animal husbandry liability insurance, which every animal owner should have.In the meantime it is obligatory in many federal states for many dog breeds." In addition, the police can charge a Verwarngeld from ten euros.
Further tips from the R + V info center:
– If you prefer a leash when cycling with a dog, you can fix it with a special holder. The advantage: The cyclist has both hands free, the dog is at a sufficient distance to the wheel.
– Small dogs usually can not keep up well with their bikes. They are recommended for transport in a handlebar basket – provided the animal weighs five kilograms at the most.
– For larger dogs or for longer tours, a bicycle trailer is recommended.
– During transport, the owners must ensure that the dog does not jump out.
Dog liability insurance: The regulations in the federal states
– Baden-Wrttemberg: compulsory insurance for dangerous dogs
– Bavaria: In individual communities, the animal husbandry liability insurance is a prerequisite for the attitude of a fighting dog
– Berlin: compulsory insurance for all dogs
– Brandenburg: compulsory insurance for dangerous dogs
– Bremen: compulsory insurance for dangerous dogs
– Hamburg: compulsory insurance for all dogs
– Hesse: compulsory insurance for dangerous dogs
– Mecklenburg-Vorpommern: No regulation
– Lower Saxony: compulsory insurance for all dogs
– North Rhine-Westphalia: compulsory insurance for dangerous dogs and large dogs
– Rhineland-Palatinate: compulsory insurance for dangerous dogs
– Saarland: compulsory insurance for dangerous dogs
– Saxony: compulsory insurance for dangerous dogs
– Saxony-Anhalt: compulsory insurance for all dogs
– Schleswig-Holstein: compulsory insurance for all dogs
– Thringen: compulsory insurance for all dogs
Infocenter of the R + V insurance
06 11/533 – 46 56
Infocenter of R + V Insurance c / o Arts & Others
Daimler street 12
61352 Bad Homburg
06172 / 9022-131
The article "Cycling with the dog is liable for damages" was added on 17.05.2019 in the category News of pr-gateway with the keywords If you cycle with the dog, you are liable for damages, news, released.
Spread press texts
The network PR gateway ensures optimum coverage and relevance. A selection of over 250 free press portals, special interest and regional portals as well as social media and document portals is ready for publication. You want a better result for your press releases and company information? Then sign up now and publish your press release for only 49, -.
SHIPPING PRESS RELEASE