This is Why Your HP Printer Offline Error Occurs- Know Here
When your HP printer reports that it is offline, keep the following factors in mind:
- When using a wireless connection, make sure that your printer and computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Once the HP printer has been configured in your computer. Always reboot your system so that the HP printer settings can be saved.
- Other factors that may cause your printer to go offline include paper jams, low ink levels, voltage fluctuations, and a lack of compatibility.
Manual Tricks To Fix HP Printer keeps going offline Issue
1. Check that the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option is not selected.
If “Use printer in offline mode” is selected, the HP wireless printer goes offline. As a result, the user must make sure this particular option is not selected. The steps for changing this setting are as follows:
- Firstly, visit the start menu and select ‘settings.’
- Select ‘devices’ – ‘printers and scanners.
- From the list of printers, select and right-click on your HP printer.
- After that, uncheck the option “Use Printer Offline” from the menu. Your HP printer will now reconnect to the internet.
2. Check to see if your printer is set to “default printer.”
If your HP printer continues to go offline on Windows 10 or any other operating system, try the following troubleshooting steps –
- Click the Windows button and type ‘Run.’ Now, in the dialogue box, type ‘Control Panel’ and press ‘OK.’
- Select the ‘Device and Printer’ option, and your listed HP printer will appear. If your printer has a green checkmark, it means it has already been set as default.’
- If not, right-click on your printer and select “Set as a default printer.”
- Your printer will now function normally, and the printer offline issue will no longer be visible in your HP printer.
3. Examine Printer Drivers – Uninstall or Update Outdated Versions
In the case of an outdated or corrupted printer driver, an HP printer always displays an offline error. To update or reinstall a driver on Windows, follow these steps.
- In Windows, look for “Device Manager” and click on it.
- Now expand the section ‘Printers.’
- Now, in the expanded section, locate your printer’s model number and ‘Right Click’ on it before selecting the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Next, select ‘search automatically’ and wait for your printer’s driver to update. Once the process is complete, restart your computer.
- If you want to reinstall your driver, go to ‘control panel,’ then remove programs,’ and uninstall your current HP printer driver. Next, visit HP’s website and download and install your printer’s driver.
4. Troubleshoot Printer Spooler Settings
When the printer spooler is stopped, the HP printer displays an offline message. These steps can assist you in this issue-
- First, open the ‘Run’ dialogue box and type “Services.msc” led by “OK.”
- Secondly, Locate the option “Print Spooler” from the list of items.
- Thirdly, Right-click it and choose “Stop” to pause the print spooler services.
- Next, in ‘Windows File Explorer,’ click on the address bar and type C: WindowsSystem32SpoolPrinter, then click ‘OK.’
- To clear the printing queue, delete all of the files in the printer folder.
- Return to “Print Spooler” and right-click on it, then select “Start” to restart the spooler service.
These steps will assist the user in bringing the HP printer back online in Windows 10 or any other operating system.
5. Check your wire connection
In some cases, the HP printer remains offline on Windows 10 due to a faulty connection. Follow the steps outlined below to resolve this:
- Verify that both ends of the USB cable are properly connected to the printer and computer. If you have a wireless connection, make use of it.
- Also, make sure that the power cable is intact without any cuts and is connected properly between the printer and the power socket.
6. Still, your Hp printer keeps going offline? An IP address must not be configured properly.
Follow the given steps to restore it-
- Firstly, Open the ‘HP configuration screen’.
- Secondly, Click on the ‘networking tab’ from settings.
- Thirdly, Choose the IP address from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the manual setting option and enter the accurate IP address correctly.
These steps will allow you to eliminate the error caused by an incorrect IP address.
To avoid the HP Printer keeps going Offline error, you need to make sure that all printer drivers are accurately installed & updated. Constant and timely updating of system settings and printer drivers eliminates the possibility of printer errors.
More Blogs: Read Here