How to download Fortnite on iPhone and iPad in 2022
Ever since its introduction, Fortnite has been a trendy game globally. However, with the Epic vs. Apple battle initiation, Apple removed the game from its App Store. While there’s no natural way of downloading the game directly from anywhere, there are still some loopholes to get the game back on your iPhone.
So, let’s take a look at a couple of different tricks to download Fortnite on iOS.
Note: Keep in mind, these tricks are only applicable if the game has been downloaded from an Apple account at least once during its availability on App Store. If you’ve never downloaded the app, you can play other similar battle royale games on your iPhone/iPad.
How to download Fortnite on iPhone via the App Store
Despite Apple removing Fortnite from the App Store, you can still get it on your device if you have played the game in the past. Here’s how:
- Open the App Store.
- Tap your profile photo at the top right.
- Under this section, tap Purchased.
- Now here, use the search bar to search for Fortnite.
- Once found, tap the download icon to get Fortnite back on your iPhone.
How to download Fortnite on iPhone if you’ve never downloaded it
Had someone in your family downloaded Fortnite on their iPhone in the past? Then ask them to add you to their Family Sharing! This will give you access to the game on your device,
Note: You need to link your Apple ID with someone else’s via Family Sharing for this method to work.
This is how you can set up Family Sharing:
- Open Settings.
- Tap your name at the top.
- Under this, tap Family Sharing.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to set up Family Sharing.
Note: You’ll also have to share your payment methods, and the accounts you link with can use your payment method to purchase for themselves.
- Tap Purchase Sharing and turn it On.
- Now, go back to the App Store.
- Follow the steps discussed earlier to get in the Purchased section.
Note: If you have already linked your account with any family members or friends, follow the steps below.
- After tapping Purchased, tap the shared person’s account.
- Again search for Fortnite using the search bar.
- Once found, tap the download icon beside the game to download it.
Additionally, an alternative to the above tricks is jailbreaking your device to download Fortnite. However, we strongly recommend against it as jailbreaking violates the device’s warranty and terms & conditions.
Want to learn the complete control of Fortnite? Check out this article on how to control Fortnite battle royale on iPhone and iPad.