Besides fresh air, healthy food, clothes to wear, and shelter to live proper education are also what every human needs to lead a stable life. The day the world gets the message, I think the scenario regarding education would be very different. But unfortunately, even today, in the 21st century, educators and authorities have to still worry and keep planning strategies to ensure that quality education reaches every nook and corner of society. Online grammar checkers and free grammar checker for students are hugely popular and prolific across the Web today.
In this blog, I am going to discuss the various problems that make education inaccessible for children and how to overcome these hurdles.
Therefore, if you are one of those educators with the superpower of making a difference, read on to know the areas to work on to make education more accessible.
101 of Making Education More Accessible
To make education more accessible, it is first important to know about the common problems in the education sector.
The most generic obstacles are mentioned below –
- Costs –
The major problem or reason most kids do not have the proper access to education is the expenditure involved with the same. The truth is that a huge section of the world population struggles to gather two meals a day even today. For them, education seems to be a luxury. When asked, people from such an economic echelon state that filling their bellies with food is more important than gaining knowledge.
Besides, education is not very cheap. Apart from the tuition fees, there are other expenses as well that add to the list if one is registering for conventional education. For example, the kid needs books, pencils, and other several educational aids. After a point in time, bearing the expenses becomes a huge headache for the bread earner, who then decides to put an end to the kid’s education. And in this way, a kid gets dropped out and starts working at the first opportunity they get, contributing to the family’s income.
- No family planning –
The lack of family planning has led to population growth, resulting in a certain section of people having three or more kids. Even if they wish to provide education to every kid, they cannot do so due to expenditure issues.
Often due to the same hurdle, the eldest of all the kids or the girl child is kept aloof from educational facilities. Now, this might seem negligible when one family is concerned. But just imagine there are hundreds of such families. Hence, the numbers are quite high if you look at the bigger picture.
- Location –
Another important factor for most kids not getting an education is the absence of facilities near them. There are many remote villages and towns around the world which do not have proper educational facilities. Either there are no institutes or maximum, they have one school that does not have the capacity to give admission to all students in that area. This is a huge concern.
Some people may say that if not in their area, they can access the nearest school. But most often, this implies long travels on a regular basis. Do you realize that for a family in a remote town or a village, earning opportunities are very less and for them incurring the traveling costs besides the educational expenditure is almost equal to a nightmare? students have struggled with the Vancouver citation generator in their academic assignments. This is because there are many variations in the citation style.
- Disability –
Here by disability, I mean students with disabilities. Though the picture has evolved, and today disabled kids are given certain allowances and preferences during competitive tests and admissions. But still, the number of institutions offering basic education to disabled kids is very less. The special schools set up are very few in number, and not all disabled kids have proper access to these schools.
Our society needs to understand that physically challenged kids also have the equal right to education and must be given that opportunity.
Now, we come to the most pressing question, which is –
How Do You Solve the Major Problems?
Below mentioned are ways to battle these problems and make education more accessible for the majority.
- First and foremost, the educational policies should be revisited, and amendments must be made to eradicate from them all unreasonable and unsensible reasons that stop kids from going to school.
- Secondly, concerned authorities and willing volunteers must think out ways to preach the importance of education to those who need to hear them.
- More schools should be built in areas with zero or very few schools. If required, each of these schools’ capacity should be increased to accommodate all students in that area.
- The cost of education is a very concerning topic. The authoritative heads must think about it very minutely. They must chalk out ways in which the education costs are cut down considerably. For example, cutting down on the taxes on books, school accessories, etc.
- Employing more and more qualified and skilled teachers who successfully can influence students to come to school on a regular basis. Teachers must be trained in a way that they can induce new ways and approaches to teaching that breaks the monotony of students. Kids must feel interested and excited about coming to school. Teachers can play a huge role in assuring the same.
- An increasing number of special schools should be built for disabled children. Also, initiatives must be taken to normalize the education of disabled kids with other kids. This for sure will make the learning environment better.
To make a difference, you need to reach the grassroots level of the problem. This inaccessibility to education is a deep and serious problem. There are many interlinked factors that must be taken care of to bring every kid to the threshold of school. Hopefully, the blog will help you understand the underlying problems.
About the author
Steve johnson, an educator for the past 12 years, is now associated with MyAssignmenthelp.com. He is also an activist and is associated with reputed organizations working for child welfare and development.